Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sabbath

58949db9b5a54c0450b7ee75fa5469b8-1263793942_large
Street Cred
I like to challenge myself. I challenge myself to Keep Sitting on My Bed Eating Sweet Potato Chips (accomplished), Stay in Bed and Be Late for Work Everyday (accomplished) and Eat A Lot of Junkfood. I rock at these challenges! Go me! BUT, maybe I'll try something a little more productive? For 30 days, I will try something new. And see if I succeed.

This 30 Day Challenge....keep reading...



Busy, busy, busy. I swear I'm constantly on my Blackberry checking Facebook, texts and oh yeah, making a few phone calls. Forgetting my phone at home sets me in a state of instant panic. What if I get hit by a car/kidnapped/not know what time it is/omgnothaveaccesstofacebook??? Okay, maybe I'm not that bad. But. The instapanic sets in the second I reach in the purse I've somehow remembered to grab and I realize my Crackberry is missing.

I think I'm addicted.

Whatever, I can go for days without my Crackberry or Macdre (does the fact that I name my electronics make me weirdly attached to my inanimate objects?) or my ipod because I need to hear about crazy A janitors and laugh at The Moth and listen to classical music while I read Mises. Sometimes I feel torn. I can listen to This American Life whiiile reading a book or watch Netflix while I research for my writing class, but what if my headphones are too loud and I don't hear Skype ring or I forget to check my email?? Who is funnier, Mike Bierbiglia, Ira Glass, Stephen Colbert or David Sedaris?!?!?

Technology is tough you guys.


Enter Sabbath Manifesto. We all need some time off, no? Sabbath Manifesto is all about taking a break one day a week. To just...be.

I've been thinking mainly about

1. Avoid Technology.

But, I like to think of it more as Eschewing Electronic Possessions. Avoiding sounds like I have a problem.


And I can quit any time I want.

Right after I finish this podcast....

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com