Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

You might be addicted to books if...


thanks picaresque. i like that her url means pen name. :)


  1. You buy your purses based on how many books you can fit inside. {Yes, yes, yes! Although, now that I have a Kindle, I don't need a big bag...}
  2. The Fed Ex and UPS carriers, know you by name. [Well...not because of books. Usually because of the strange things I buy off of Etsy. But, that's a different post.]
  3. Your family refuses to buy you books because they don't want to support your habit. [My family is full of enablers.]
  4. You own multiple versions of the same book. [I do. But, usually because I lose them. Then find them. Then lose them again. Or ruin them with bathtub water or sand.]
  5. You dream about books. (Getting them... meeting the authors that write them.) [Not sure about this one.]
  6. You always have at least one book on you at all times. Even if it's just a quick trip to the dollar store. [Kindlegarten is with me at all times. Everywhere I go. Work, mall, car wash...]
  7. You usually help shoppers at the bookstore, because you are more knowledgeable than the staff. [Noo...I did that once a Sephora though and I thought the girl working there might stab me with a makeup brush. Go Makeup Forever!]
  8. You've been known to skip family functions or outings with friends because you can't stop reading. [Yes. I like books more than you.]
  9. There are books in every room of your house. [Everywhere.]
  10. If you are within five miles of a bookstore, you find yourself drawn to it like a homing device from the mothership. [I work by Barnes and Noble. I have to tell myself to look away.]

4 comments:

Diana said...

Thanks for noticing that! I think you are the first to do so. It harks back from when I was even younger and snobbier than I am now. :B

Whit said...

lol :) I know the feeling!

Nikki said...

I think it's safe to say that I have a problem. But admitting it is the first step, right? I can't even leave the house without my Kindle and my family thinks I'm insane. :)

Whit said...

me neither, me neither! i love my kindle so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com